Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (Psalm 119:89, Isaiah 40:8, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:13).
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 28:18-20, John 16:7).
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 10:30, John 14:6-7, Colossians 1:15-20, Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:26-33, 2 Corinthians 5:22, 1 Peter 2:22, Isaiah 35:5-6, 1 Peter 2:24, Isaiah 53:5, John 20:14-18, Matthew 28:6, Mark 16:19, Mark 14:62, Revelation 19:11-21).
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (Romans 8:2-6, Romans 10:9).
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Galatians 5:18, 22-23, Ephesians 1:13).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal separation from God. (John 11:25-26, 2 Corinthians 5:10, Revelation 20:11-15).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 10:16, Ephesians 4:3-6).
Fortress Church Distinctives
1. Jesus Christ is the Head of Fortress Church Ventura.
2. We will be guided by the Holy Spirit in all we do.
3. God's Word will not be compromised, but be taught & preached Biblically sound, in a manner that impacts individuals lives, which transforms culture.
4. We are a family.
5. Love is the primary gift we will express, without it we have nothing--for God is love.
6. We will fulfill the Great Commission, hence, be a people that "go."
7. We will always be "Kingdom-minded."